Monday, September 27, 2010

Learning Style Reflection


As a student, I have different strengths and weaknesses based on my learning abilities.  For me, according to my MI survey, my learning styles include some of everything.  This includes kinaesthetic, linguistic, logical, interpersonal, intrapersonal, musical, visual, and naturalistic.  The top ones are naturalistic, logical, musica, and interpersonal.  The weakest one for me would be the visual and spatial aspect.  


According to the learning style survey that I also took, I am fairly balanced on some of the dimensions of the scale.  For example, I am more of an active learner than a reflective, but my results fall within being quite balanced between the two.  I am more of an intuitive learner than a sensing learner.  I am better at grasping concepts than I am at memorizing facts.  I am much more of a visual learner than a verbal learner.  I remember better what I see, rather than what I hear.  I am quite balanced between being a sequential learner and a global learner,  but again, it leans more towards being sequential.  
?

I believe that these results also occur in daily life.  As a teacher, I want to be able to appeal to every different learning style and ability.  I believe that every child learns in different ways, and I want to accommodate this in my classroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment